We’ll now get on with distributing all the prizes. Stand by your mailboxes!
We’ll be opening again for the third year at the end of January 2014. Read on down this page to find out more about the competition…
Wanted: Your Screenplays!
We accept original movie or tv scripts, from 45 up to 120 pages, any genre, any budget.
Last year’s entries included wild science fiction, fantasy and historical drama, contemporary drama, horror, and high concept blockbusters.
We welcomed them all.Read our FAQ →
Last Year’s Finalists
Last year’s finalists met Julia Walsh (Head of Drama Development at ITV), Ben Stoll (Head of Drama Development at C4), Elliot Grove (Head of Raindance Film Festival), Steve Matthews (Producer, Love/Hate and The Borgias) and Paul Ashton (Development Producer, BBC Writers Room)Read interviews with the winners →
We’ve got a great list of prizes. As well as industry meetings, we give away cash, scriptwriting software, memberships, script consultancy and other commemorative items.
What’s more, this time we have something for the semi- and quarter-finalists too!Read more about the prizes →
Semi Finalists Get Heard Too!
Literary Agent Julie Press requested 15 of the semi finalist scripts.
Loglines for over half the scripts that placed as semi-finalists were requested by Evolve Media of San Francisco. The majority of those scripts were then requested in full.
Entering Is Fun!
So many people who entered the contest last year expressed how satisfying the experience was, how exciting the process was, and how much they enjoyed the whole ride.Read what people said about entering →
Soon You Will Be Able To Enter The 2014 Competition…
Get working on that script now!
(All deadlines are 1.00pm London time)
- Thurs 28th Mar
Standard Registrations (£35) Close
- Thurs 25th April
Late Registrations (£40) Close
- Thurs 9 May
Emergency Registrations (£45) Close
- Thurs 5th Sept
- Thurs 3 Oct
- Thurs 17 Oct
- Thurs 31 Oct
Grand Prize Winner
Judging In Detail
This year’s new and expanded judging panel is as follows:
- Paul Ashton, Development Producer, BBC Writers Room
- Adrian Banyard, Development Producer, STV
- Matthew Bates, Literary Agent, Sayle Screen, London
- Philip Gladwin, Founder of Screenwriting Goldmine
- Elliot Grove, Head of Raindance Film Festival
- Johann Knobel, Producer, Company Pictures
- Kirstie MacDonald, Script Executive, World Prodns.
- Steve Matthews, Producer, Octagon Films
- Julie Press, Literary Agent, Macfarlane Chard Assoc.
- Fraser Robinson, VP, Scripted ITV Studios Global Entertainment
- Ben Stoll, Head of Drama Development, C4
- Julia Tyrrell, Literary Agent, Julia Tyrrell Management
The judging panel for this competition is stellar. They are the reason I entered. Getting read by them and having meetings is such a fantastic prize. Because I’ve been writing for 10 years I know how hard it is to open those doors.
Matthew Coombes, Grand Prize Winner 2012
Read more comments…
Every contestant has the opportunity to order script feedback. Now you can get the honest opinion of a highly experienced industry script expert when you enter. Find out what’s working in your script – and what needs attention.
Read more →
Get deep into your writing and look at our regular weekend screenwriting workshops in central London. Two enjoyable days mixing interactive sessions with formal training on writing and building your career.
Read more →
Every deadline was made and, as a Finalist, I can confirm that every promise made by the competition delivered. More than that, Phil Gladwin involved himself personally in helping promote my interests as a contestant, both in publicity terms and in facilitating introductions for my work.
Brian MacEvilly, Finalist 2012
Read more comments…
- Our final judging panel is crammed full of current industry professionals who genuinely have the power to hire writers.
- We don’t use inexperienced readers – every single entry is assessed by a skilled script professional.
- We stick to our deadlines.
- We’re highly affordable.
- This entire contest is a labour of love from Phil Gladwin, himself a screenwriter/editor of nearly 20 years’ experience. We’re totally on the side of the writer.